Thursday, January 22, 2009

Quick Update


All is well. The last couple weeks have been low volume due to work travel and baby travel. My brother and his wife just had their first kid, Ella Mae. So that makes me Uncle Joshie. Pretty excited about that. I think it is so neat that Ella was born into the Obama era and lucky that she never got to know the frustration of the last eight years. I have a lot of hope for her and this next administration. I am almost starting to feel proud to be an American and not apologetic.


With the increased travel came increased eating and that combined with less volume lead to increased fat. I think that around 150-155lbs is a good racing weight for me and typically where my weight falls when eating well and training well during the summer (I am 5'10 for reference). If I was just running I would shoot for a lighter weight but I think that the swimming and biking and recovery tend to suffer if I drop too low on the weight scale. However, I'm hanging out right around 162 lbs so I really don't want to go much higher. I would like to come into camp on March 29th right around racing weight. That way I'm not carrying a bunch of extra weight on Kitts Peak, or Mount Lemmon trying to chase down Dr. J, KP, Gordo and JD.


Well, will post more on this week later on. I have another week after this one to put in some good training before the next week of travel.


Cheers

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Josh, you have been missing some kick ass swim workouts..I got my A$$ handed to me this morning....The 6am group is really fun and you work SOOOOOOOO hard, you should join...thanks again for the comments about the ITb recovery...its working, still not running but doing all the rest!! Cheers

KP said...

Uncle Doode!

Congratulations on the new family member :-)

I'll be about 15lbs over my light weight at camp. That's typical for me in March. Don't go getting all feathery on me!

Josh said...

KP-

I know what you've been up to. I've seen those workouts you've been posting to the KP forum and they aren't too shabby in the least. I'm going to have my work cut out for me in the Big Dog lane.