Sunday, February 21, 2010

Coming Up on Tucson

It's only a few more weeks til Epic Camp Tucson and there is no better motivator than fear. This is my third year in a row doing this early season training camp and I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what to expect.

The last two weeks have been pretty solid with roughly 16-17 hours of training per week. This has consisted mostly of strong bike workouts on the trainer including two 3hr trainer rides this weekend. I've been keeping up on the Olympics during this time as well as catching some "quality" movies. My running and swimming has definitely taken a backseat but they aren't too far behind. My swimming has been much different this year with a lot of emphasis on building strength with paddles and the band. Even though I started out hating my band and paddle only swim sets they have grown on me (like a fungus) and I am definitely seeing some benefit.

I'm looking forward to racing some running races after the camp and have started to plan the triathlon season.

Cheers,

Josh

No comments: