Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Groovy Baby


Its been 10 days into my pre-season unloading period and I feel groovy baby. I've been adding back in some habits that I've let slip once the swim, bike, and run load picked up and hopefully, I can keep them in the routine throughout the rest of the season.

First, I've added yoga back into the mix not only for the great physical benefits but also to calm the mind and center myself. In these 10 days I've been also focused on core work and strength training as well. Even if these items don't make me quicker I feel that they are good for over all health and injury prevention. I've started putting the in season diet in place limiting sweets and high glycemic index carbs. I've also been experimenting with limiting caffeine intake.

With the way I'm currently feeling these changes appear to be a step in the right direction for fitness and overall health and well, um...lets just say I'm feeling randy baby...grrrrrrr.

No comments: