Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Unloaded

Typically the goal is to get loaded but not this week. The past three days have been nice and easy. Monday was a bit of strength training and an easy run. Tuesday was Yoga and an easy swim and Wednesday was a strength bike and easy run. I can't tell if I'm feeling good or bad. My body is used to training 2-3hrs a day with some decent effort. So, typically when I cut back on my training my body goes through some weird stuff. I've noticed for one, it takes a bit longer for me to get into a groove during my workouts. It also takes a bit longer for my heart rate to come up and correlate with my perceived effort and pace/power. Finally, I just feel tired and sluggish even though my hours of training are severely cut. Its good to try this unloading block without any races to cause freakout as most athletes don't attempt a taper until right before a big race. So, I guess we will see how the body comes around and whether this unloading block is a good thing prior to my season buildup. I'm guessing it is but I'm looking forward to getting loaded again.

No comments: