Wednesday, April 1, 2009

EC Camp Day 2


Day two started with the 20 mile climb up Mt. Lemmon. We rolled out easy to the base of the climb and regrouped. I started in the back so that I was not tempted to go out too hard and cover the attacks that soon would be occuring at the base of the climb. At around the one mile marker I saw Gordo who was already pretty far up the road put in an attack with only a few takers. Me, I just kept plugging along at my desired pace with the goal of picking up the power at the half way point. Otherwise, I was joined by Dave once again on this climb and really enjoyed the company. At about mile 17 I decided to give er and ended up a bit under 2hrs for the 20mi climb.

We then regrouped at Udall park and some did short transition runs before lunch. After lunch we shot over to the pool where we were warmly greeted by the locals. I think the phrase was a bunch of locusts have decsended on our pool. We did a short loosen up swim of about 1500yds with all kinds of fun little sets to cap off the day.

Later that evening Alan gave a great talk on muscle fiber types, peripheral adaptations key to long course triathlon and how to best train to cause those adaptations. All in all a great day.

No comments: