Thursday, May 14, 2009

Run Rest Repeat

After my Saturday Big Day I followed up with my run on Sunday. I have been doing my long runs as a run/walk. I run 15 minutes and then take 30s to eat, drink, and walk to reset my body and hit it again. This has been working very well for me thus far as long as I bring enough calories with me on my runs. I have gone back to the camelback method that I used last year and was initially recommended to me by Lucho (that guy has a lot of good ideas).

So, on Sunday I was able to run a touch over 15 miles in 1:54 including my walk sections. This worked out to about a 7:30/mi at a 139bpm avg. I was pretty happy with this run and feel like its definitely time to up the distance moving forward.

Monday through Wednesday were easy days with a short flop in the pool on Monday, an easy run with some short pickups and a bit of TRX work on Tuesday followed by a decent swim on Wednesday and a 90 minute easy spin. I'm looking forward to hitting it hard again.

No comments: