Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Long Run

Today was another Long Run in the arboretum. Each loop is about 10k and I try to pick it up just a bit each 10k. Today instead of running based on HR, Alan asked me to do the run by perceived effort and not worry about the heart rate. I typically run about 7:20-7:30/mi for the 30k effort and today when I wasn't looking at heart rate that is exactly where it fell. I ended up at 2:18 for a touch less than 30k. My perceived effort felt very much like a steady to moderate effort. Even the last couple miles were not necessarily hard. Last week the last couple of miles were HARD and I was pretty much toasted afterwards.

The only issue, other than peeing right in the middle of a heard of mosquitos, is my HR was rather high today for the effort that I have seen in the past by about 6-10 bpm. So, I'm not sure why that is but I can't get too caught up in it at this point in the game. All I can do is train, rest well, and repeat.

No comments: