Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mid-Week Update

It’s freezing this morning. A whopping 9 degrees F.

Monday
1:45 bike w/big gear repeats
I started off with an indoor bike ride focusing on 6min big gear intervals. I am now hitting 5 of those intervals at 275-280w. It’s been going great on the bike as of late (I’m a poet and I didn’t even know it).

Tuesday
Swim 3500yds/lift/run 45min
Morning matsers swim with Coach Justin and the gang. Dave, my lane buddy, was the anti-health, showing up to practice with all kinds of coughing, hacking, and other wonderful sounds emanating from his lungs. However, as always he still stuck it to me during the work out. Good solid workout with lots of longish intervals. I then headed to the gym to lift and get buff. I ended the day with 45mins of easy running. I’m still in the process of building my run back to last years volume. I picked up a little bit of a calf issue a few months ago and have been building back slowly. I’ve added back strides and a bit of a progressive run although the overall mileage is still low.

Wednesday
Bike 1:40/Run 30min
Started with a ride building to steady power and then hitting some short 30 second bursts to remember what it feels like to ride hard. I did about 20 of those bursts with about a minute and a half recovery. Later, I hit an easy run again. I wanted to run easy and then hit some short pickups but the legs were a bit heavy and the heart rate seemed sluggish. So, I just ran easy and ended there. Its only December, and this season is a marathon not a sprint. I should probably get that tattooed somewhere.

Off to Masters. Hopefully, Dave is feeling better.

No comments: