Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Weekend Update

Week Summary
Swim-9700yds
Bike-6.7hrs
Run-24mi

Was happy with the bike and run totals. Brought both up about ten percent from best offseason weeks thus far. Also got in a good run test without any calf pain or issues. Swim was a bit light with some shorter Masters set (shorter typically=more intensity) and not getting in that Sunday long swim. I added an additional strength workout (now 2pw) and got in 2 strong yoga sessions.

Saturday
Bike 2hrs+/Run 30mins


The weekend began with a 2hr steady bike ride. Very simple format, warm up and then sit on steady watts for awhile. So, I got in about 40mins of easy riding before shifting into steady watts, sitting at 220-240w for 90min (235w avg/HR 127). This is a real good sign for things to come and as the weeks go on we will build the steady section to longer durations. Since my legs did not feel as fresh as a mid summers eve I opted for a run later in the day at just a very easy pace on the treadmill.

Sunday
Bike 60mins/Yoga 90mins


I hopped on the trainer once again Sunday with the intention of some more big gear work but instead I ended up with 60mins of a recovery spin. When the legs say no I find it very important to listen. I bailed on the scheduled swim…the closed pool helped with that decision and instead headed to yoga with Lauren.

Today we are picking up about a foot of snow so I will start adding some skate skiing into the program. Looking forward to that.

2 comments:

Lucho said...

Nice week for December!

Josh said...

Thanks Lucho. Just trying to do enough but not too much.